Problems

daveh

Problems

Post by daveh »

I split long files (eg e-books) into shorter files before batch converting to MP3. Using the RC Sapi 5 dictionary sometimes causes the conversion to crash. The error message is:

Speech Error:
Invalid at top level of the document (Error 80045003)
Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document

Disabling the RC dictionary allows normal conversion so it looks as though the RC dictionary is causing the problem.

I deleted the dictionary and re-installed with the same problem.

I can send a short text file that exhibits the problem if this would assist.

Help!

Dave
Percy Henry
Site Admin

Re: Problems

Post by Percy Henry »

Hi Dave,

Please send the text file that exhibits the problem.
Percy Henry
Site Admin

Post by Percy Henry »

Greetings Dave,

I received your PM.

I was able to both read the file aloud and create an MP3 without any errors. Please let me know what voice you are using with RC Sapi 5. I tested your file with Ivona Joey. I will test it next with Ivona Salli.

I also sent you a PM and an email. The email has an attached MP3 file.
Percy Henry
Site Admin

Post by Percy Henry »

Hi Dave,

I tested your text with Ivona Salli and encountered no problems. It could be that somehow your RC Sapi 5 Dictionary got corrupted. If you have a backup copy, please try to re-install using the backup copy and let me know how that goes.
daveh

Post by daveh »

Percy Henry wrote:Hi Dave,

I tested your text with Ivona Salli and encountered no problems. It could be that somehow your RC Sapi 5 Dictionary got corrupted. If you have a backup copy, please try to re-install using the backup copy and let me know how that goes.
Hi Percy,
Sorry to be so long responding ... been kind of busy!
Using the latest version of Salli, everything seems to be OK, so the problem was related to the particular version of either the voice or of TextAloud.

The latest update to Salli also seems to have removed many of the intrinsic errors in th earlier Salli's pronunciation!

Dave